Resolutions

Using Mitigation to Reduce RCMP Costs for All Municipalities

Year: 2000

Resolution

Be it resolved that SUMA lobby the Provincial Government to transfer the provincial mitigation fund of $4.1 million over a period of time towards the cost of RCMP for all municipalities, specifically: · In the year 2001, 25% of the fund should be applied towards the total cost and the remaining 75% targeted to rural municipalities and urban municipalities with a population of less than 500 persons; · In the year 2002, 50% of the fund should be applied towards the total cost and the remaining 50% targeted to rural municipalities and urban municipalities with a population of less than 500 persons; · In the year 2003, 75% of the fund should be applied towards the total cost and the remaining 25% targeted to rural municipalities and urban municipalities with a population of less than 500 persons; · In the year 2004 and beyond, 100% of the fund should be applied towards the total cost.

Back
Print